The easiest apple-raspberry crumble
Our favorite recipes are those who look really fancy but are actually so easy to make. this is one of them!
Winter or summer, this is a simple and luxurious dessert. No one will refuse to eat this sweet and sour bowl.
So, who’s up for crumble?
(makes 6 X 160 ml heat resistant cups/ baking pans):
For the crumble:
- 1.5 cups flour (all-purpose/ spelt/ half all-purpose half whole flour…)
- 1 cup oats
- 100 g vegan butter/ coconut oil, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 packet (10 g) vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the fruit:
- 4 crisp and fresh apples, preferably pink lady
- 400 g fresh/ frozen raspberries (defrost in advance)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Vegan vanilla/ coconut ice cream
- A little bit of Silan (date honey)
- Preheat the oven to a medium heat- 350°f (180°c), on turbo
Make the crumble:
- Using a food processor, combine all of the crumble ingredients until sand-like crumbs are formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and knead for 2-3 minutes until thicker crumbs are formed.
- Peel the apples and dice.
- In a bowl, mix the apples, raspberries, and sugar until the sugar dissolves and the fruit starts to sweat.
- Assembling the dessert:
- Fill the baking pans with 4-5 tbsp of the fruit and add 3-4 tablespoons of the crumble.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350°f (180°c) preheated oven, or until the top is golden.
- Take out of the oven, top with an ice cream scoop and drizzle a little bit of Silan.
- The pans I used are 2.5×4”/ 6×10 cm soufflé pans.
- You can replace the white all-purpose flour with whole wheat/ spelt/ whole spelt flour or use half white half whole.
- Instead of almonds, you can use walnuts, cashew, or pecan (or candied pecan which is delicious).
- Instead of raspberries, you can use strawberries, cherries, blueberries, plums, or any other sour fruit.
♥ Made it? Enjoyed it? Comment or take pic and tag us @Veggiezfood ♥