Double chocolate and almonds ice cream popsicles
Summer. It’s HOT.
I was craving a luxurious ice cream bar. Chocolate flavored, coated in crunchy chocolate- just like Magnum.
As it turns out, making an ice cream bar at home isn’t a big deal. All you need is a bowl, a whisk, a few disposable cups, and a lot of patience to create a stunning dessert that satisfies the sweet craving. Furthermore, it’s made from only 10 ingredients that you can find in any supermarket.
So let’s get started!
One batch will make 6 ice cream bar molds and 8 small bars in disposable espresso cups.
Ice cream bars:
- 1 pack (95 g) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups rice or almond milk
- 1 cup coconut cream or plant-based heavy whipping cream
- 5 tsp almond butter/ spread
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp oil
Add-ons and decorations (pick one or more or none, and it’ll still be delicious):
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 5 lotus cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tbsp candied hazelnuts, chopped
- Shredded/ desiccated coconut
- Popsicle sticks, cut in half
- In a bowl or a stand mixer, whip chocolate pudding, sugar, almond milk, and cream until smooth.
- Fill the ice cream bar mold and espresso cups with the mixture and add 1/2 tsp almond butter to each bar.
- Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer and insert a wooden stick to each bar.
- Freeze again for at least 3 hours.
- Take out of the freezer and unmold.
- Melt dark chocolate and add the oil. Mix well and pour into a tall and narrow glass.
- Dip each bar in the melted chocolate and press into the desired topping.
- Be sure to work fast because the chocolate hardens quickly.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking tray until set.
Enjoy immediately or keep frozen until ready to eat.♥